The data controller is BIC UK Limited – Chaplin House Widewater Place, Moorhall Road, Harefield, Middlesex, UB9 6NS, Company Registration No 00389090
1. Privacy Statement
In some cases, if you do not provide personal data we may not be able to provide you a service offered via the Site. We will indicate where the data must be provided in order for us to provide a service to you.
If we collect personal data from you, you may have the right to (i) access your personal data, (ii) ask that your personal data be corrected, completed, updated, locked, deleted, and (iii) ask us to send you a copy of your personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format. We will consider such requests in accordance with applicable law and may also require verification of your identity in order to process such requests.
Any such request should be directed to our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com.
2. Use of personal data we collect from you
We may collect personal data you provide directly to us, such as when you complete the entry form, when you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise communicate with us. This personal data may include: first name, last name, location, date of birth, email, contact number (this will only be used to contact finalists and the winner), and gender (optional) and any other information you choose to provide.
The information you provide to us with on the entry form will be used by BIC and/or an agency working on BIC’s behalf to confirm your participation, administer the competition, and contact you if you are a finalist, deliver the prizes.
The information you provide to us to subscribe to the newsletter will be used by BIC and/or an agency working on BIC’s behalf to inform you about Societe BIC subsidiary promotions & special offers, product information, prize draws and competitions. Each email received will include an unsubscribe option.
The personal data described above, as well as any other personal data you provide to us will be processed only for the apparent purpose for which it was collected (your participation) and/or as communicated to you upon the collection of your personal data.
We may also use your personal data for other purposes which are disclosed to you and to which you consent, or for such other purposes as permitted or required by applicable law.
3. Minor's Online Privacy
Should a person under 18 wish to participate in the competition, a parent or guardian’s email address and contact number will be requested to confirm consent for the minor and prove his/her identity.
4. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. Depending on the purposes for which we are processing your personal data (as explained in section 2 above), the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Performance of a contract: for example, where it is necessary for us to process your personal data to fulfill an order or subscription you have placed via our Site.
- Your consent: for example, if you have given us your consent to provide your personal data to us or third parties for marketing purposes.
- For our or our third parties’ legitimate business interests: for example, where it is necessary for BIC to process personal data for the purposes of preventing fraud.
- Compliance with law: for example, where BIC is subject to a legal or regulatory obligation and needs to use your personal data in order to comply.
5. Retention period of the personal data we collect
We take steps to ensure that the personal data that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary considering the purpose for which it was collected. Personal data collected to confirm your participation will typically be retained for the duration of the competition, and will be deleted no later than 31 December 2019.
Where we have collected your personal data based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with the processing, you may at any time withdraw or change your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal data subject to legal restrictions. The revocation of your consent will be valid for the future and will not affect the legality of the processing that was done based on your initial consent.
Like many other web sites, our Site may use a standard technology called a "cookie", or technology which is similar to a cookie, to collect and record information about your usage of the Site. Cookies are designed notably to help us recognize you as a previous user of the Site and thus offer you a service tailored and personalised to your profile and improve your user experience when you visit our Site again.
Cookies that we may issue cannot retrieve any other information from your hard drive or pass on a computer virus.
We may issue cookies that allow us to:
- compile statistics and traffic volume and measure the use of the various sections of our Site (headings and content visited, click streams) which helps us improve the value and usability of our services; to do so, we may use Google Analytics or other third party analytic tools. The information we collect is aggregated and not directly identifiable. We can share such information with developers or other service providers working with us on the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- customize the presentation of our Site to the display settings of your data terminal (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visit on our Site, based on your data terminal's hardware, viewing software and video software;
- customize the advertising content displayed in our advertising space on your data terminal based on previous information that you have provided;
- implement security measures, such as when you are asked to log in again to contents or a service after a certain period of time;
- identify which parts of our Site you have been visited or keep track of your preferences, track a path through our web pages;
- send you marketing communications, ads, offers and other information which may be of interest to you;
- store information contained in any form that you fill out on our Site to allow you access to restricted and personalized areas of our site (your account) or to products, services or information you chose on our Site (content of your shopping cart).
In any case, you can decide to allow or block cookies. There are several ways to manage cookies, as described below. However, some difficulties to navigate on our Site might occur.
- You can configure your browser to allow cookies to be stored on your data terminal, to reject them automatically or to reject them from certain issuers. You can also configure your browser so that you are promptly asked to accept or reject cookies before a cookie is saved to your data terminal. Each browser has a different way of managing cookies and cookie settings. The configuration of your browser is described in its help menu which will inform you of how to change your cookie settings.
Finally, you can also connect to www.youronlinechoices.com, a website proposed by digital advertising professionals, in order to help you control, accept or reject some cookies placed in your browser.
7. Links to or from Other Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites. BIC has no control over and assumes no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of these websites. You should review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
8. Disclosure to Third Parties
We don’t sell your personal data to other companies.
We may disclose your personal data to another entity of BIC Group or to trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Site and conducting our business like Lucre and Finer Vision . Third party providers maintain the information they need to perform their designated functions and we do not authorize such parties to use or disclose personal data for their own marketing or other purposes. We ask our service providers a high level of security and confidentiality, no less than the guaranties described in this policy.
If we become involved in a transaction to sell all, or any parts, of our business or assets or merge with another business we may use or disclose personal data to other parties involved in the transaction, for example, the prospective seller or buyer and our professional advisers.
We may also disclose your personal data where we are required to do so to comply with a legal obligation or in order to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BIC, our customers or other individuals.
9. Security of your Personal Data
We have policies and procedures in place to protect your personal data from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. In addition, we have implemented technological safeguards including security software, passwords and firewalls intended to prevent unauthorized computer access. No claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstance or its resilience to future attacks.
10. Transfer and Storage of your Personal Data
Your personal data collected on our Site is stored at secure locations and on servers located in the European Union. You may obtain information and address questions about the privacy policies and practices relating to the processing of your personal data by contacting us.
You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority however we recommend you contact us before doing so as we may be able to resolve any issues with you directly in a more efficient manner.